Friday, March 1, 2024

A Heart Purloined by Lisa M. Lane #AwardWinning #HistoricalFiction #RecommendedReads


A Heart Purloined

by Lisa M. Lane




Amanda Goodwin and Jack Strawman meet when both are robbing the house of a notorious swindler who had made life difficult for each of them. Jack is a compulsive liar, and Amanda tells the truth even when it causes trouble. Will they betray each other to keep their own motives secret, or will they succumb to the undeniable attraction they feel for each other? Family loyalties are at stake in a cozy mystery romance that is inconvenient for everyone.

 

Praise:


"A fun, fast-paced mystery romance with many twists and turns. I loved how this novel kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. There were many times I found myself laughing aloud and other times my heart would break a little and my eyes would well up with tears. The characters were fun and uncomplicated, and the storyline had wonderful flow..."
~ Laura Patterson, Goodreads


"Amanda is the right combination of proper English almost-too-old single woman and a feisty, independent woman of her time. Historical backdrop never overwhelms the story and adds texture that is interesting and accurate. I'll have more like this, please!"
~ Pam Sheppard, Goodreads








No comments:

Post a Comment