Thursday, March 7, 2024

In Silence Cries the Heart by Catherine Hughes



In Silence Cries the Heart

by Catherine Hughes





“I’ll be waitin’ fer ye on the other side, my hand outstretched, till ye reach fer me when yer earthly time is done. Then our clasp shall ne’er be broken again...”

Sometimes love can be so strong that it ruptures the confines of a single lifetime, extending into those beyond. This is what Caitlyn Hegarty, an American schoolteacher, learns on her trip to Scotland where she soon becomes entangled in the tragic history of a pair of 17th-century lovers. Standing before the dungeon at Undlay Castle, she relives the romantic adventures of the roguish thief and poet, Donal Donn, and his doomed passion for Mary McElroy, the spirited daughter of the laird of Undlay. Unable to shake their spell, Caitlyn is drawn into the shadows of the past as she attempts to solve the mystery enshrouding their forbidden love.

Inspired by the true story of Domhnull Donn and Mary Grant, the novel depicts the timeless power of love amidst the lawlessness, superstition, and pageantry of a lost age.



Praise:


"I am haunted by this book. There is nothing in it that I didn't like. I stood on the same hill with Mary. I sat in the forest with Donal. I hid away from Mary's father. I saw the hatred in the eyes of George Campbell, and I witnessed the purity of true love--something so rare and so beautiful."
~ Dr Maria Hughes, Amazon


"If you are a romantic, love history, and believe time is an illusion this is a book for you. I've witnessed love like this. Reading it made me feel that love is an unbreakable bond in someone's sojourn."
~ Rosa V, Amazon








No comments:

Post a Comment